Current Academic Positions
Lecturer-Department of Middle Eastern History.
Lecturer- Department of Multidisciplinary Studies.
Research Fellow at the the Ezri Center for Iran & Persian Gulf Studies.
Erasmus Mundus Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship- The Center of Methods in Social Sciences and the Institute of Sociology at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen,Germany.
Current Public Positions
member in the board of editors of- Ruah Mizrahit [East Wind]: Bulletin of the Israeli Oriental Society
Research Areas & Other Interests
Social History of the Middle East: The Shaping of Palestinian Society Since the Late Ottoman Period
B.A - Department of Middle Eastern History, 2004. Haifa University. (With Distinction).
M.A- University of Haifa: Department of Middle Eastern History, 2004-2007. Topic of Thesis: "Islamic Discourse, National Identity and Armed Struggle: the Fatah movement 1959-2005". Supervisor: Dr. Mahmud Yazbak. (Magna cum Laude).
PH.D - Haifa University: Department of Middle Eastern History.
Topic of Thesis: Studential Society, Culture and politics in The Palestinian National Movement 1952 – 2000.
Supervisor: Dr. Mahmoud Yazbak.
2011-2012 Erasmus Mundus Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship- The Center of Methods in Social Sciences and the Institute of Sociology at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen,Germany.
Ido Zelkovitz, "'from the land of oranges' into 'Islamic Wakf': Islamic elements in the service of The Fatah Movement since the out break of Intifadat Al-Aqsa",Roach Mizrahit (East Wind)[Hebrew] vol. 4, summer 2006, 64-68.
Ido Zelkovitz, "From a Primary Source- a Revision of the Iraqi B'at Party, a Calls for Reliving the Role of PLO and more", ",Roach Mizrahit (East Wind)[Hebrew] vol. 5, Winter 2007, pp 56-62.
Ido Zelkovitz, "Fatah's Embrace of Islamism",Middle East Quarterly, Vol. 15, No.2, Spring 2008, pp. 19-26.
Ido Zelkovitz. "Searching for Identity: the Fatah Movement, Islam and the Armed Struggle, 1959-1968. Hamizrah Hehadash, [Hebrew], 48, 2009, pp. 154-185.
Ido Zelkoviz, The Fatah Movement: Islam Nationalism and Armed Struggle Politics (Tel Aviv: Resling, 2012), 190 pages. [Hebrew]
1. The Annual conference of the Israel Oriental Society. Bar-Ilan University, 8 May, 2006. "Fatah, Intifadat AL-Aqsa, and the Political Meaning of Islam".
2. The Second Conference for Advanced Research Students, Tel Aviv University, 18 May 2006, "One Story in three Perspectives: Transjordan Reborn".
3. Faculty Seminar- the Department of Middle East history, University of Haifa, 9 January 2007, "Islamic Discourse vs. National Identity- the Fatah Movement since the brake out of Intifadat Al-Aqsa".
4. YIFC Conference- The European Role in the Middle East Conflict, Trebnitz near Berlin, 12-20 January 2007.
5. Invited address by Leiden University study-trip delegation, Beit Rotenberg, Haifa. 26 March. 2007." The rise of Political Islam in the Palestinian Territories- cultural dimensions"
6. Annual conference of the Middle East and Islamic Studies Association of Israel-MEISAI (former the Israel Oriental Society). Tel Aviv University, 10 May, 2007. "Years of un-alertness- Fatah, Islam, and Armed Struggle (1959-1968)".
7. Conference of Local and International Experts Reviewing the Peace Process: Towards a Sustainable peaceful solution, Al Quds University, 26-27 November 2008. "Fighting for Hegemony and Building the Right Model for Islam in Gaza and in the West Bank - Fatah vs. Hamas"
8. Mazat Forum, Bar Ilan University, 4 December, 2008. ": "Islamic Discourse, National Identity and Armed Struggle in the Fatah movement: some socio-political and cultural aspects".
9. The Middle East on the Net: Virtual Communities and Social Networking on the Internet, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, March 18, 2009. "From Blood Feud to Virtual Fighting: Some Reflections of the Conflict between Fatah and Hamas"
10. The Ezri forum for Persian Gulf Studies, University of Haifa, March 24, 2009. "To Flourish National Identity in the Desert: Palestinian Students and Political Mobilization in Kuwait"
11. International Conference and Cultural Events Looking at Iran: Perspectives on Contemporary Iran and Iranian Culture in Germany and Israel. University of Haifa, March 28-31, 2009. "Exporting the revolution?: The Symbolic Presence of Iran in the Palestinian Political Strife"
12. Annual conference of the Middle East and Islamic Studies Association of Israel-MEISAI (former the Israel Oriental Society). The Hebrew University of Jerusalem May 20. 2009. "Revolutionary Students Politics in Palestine"
13. International Conference Change and Stability: State, Religion and Politics in the Modern Middle East and North Africa, the Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland. May 28-29, 2009. "Ad-Hoc Islamism?: Fatah New Islamic Discourse - a Semiotic Analyzing"
14" Israeli- Palestinian academic cooperation: challenges ahead", Tel Hai Academic College, June 18, 2009.
15. the Second Annual Israeli Persian Gulf Studies Conference, Haifa Univresity, 7 June 2010, "Iran and the Palestinian Inner Strife: Socio-Political Aspects"
16. International Workshop on Challenges of Ethno-Religious Coexistence in the Middle East, Haifa University, 4 November, 2010. "The Challenge From Within: Fatah, Hamas, and the struggle for Palestinian leadership".
17. The First International Conference Global Dilemmas of Security and Development in the Middle East, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland. 9-10 November, 2010. "Fatah, Hamas and the Virtual Battle for the Palestinian Hearts and Minds".
18. The Dean of Humanities Seminar, University of Haifa, 8 December, 2010. "High Education and National Struggle: Student Culture and Politics in the Palestinian National Movement".
19. Ofakim Conference: Jews and Arabs in a Verbal Space, University of Haifa, 16 December, 2010. "The Jew and the Israeli Image in the Lens of the Arab International Media" (Invited Address).
20. Religion believe and the Arab-Jewish Conflict, University of Haifa, 13-14 April, 2011, " Political Presence and Virtual Battles: Islam and National Identity in the Palestinian Inner Strife".
21. Annual conference of the Middle East and Islamic Studies Association of Israel-MEISAI (former the Israel Oriental Society). The Open University of Israel, Ra'anana. 25 May, 2011. "The Keyboard and the Gun: Student Politics and Activism in the Palestinian National Movement". 22. The 18th International DAVO Congress. The Freie Universität Berlin. , 6 – 8 October, 2011. Student Politics and National Struggle: Some Notes about the Palestinian Student Movement.